Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sometimes

I was going home the other night. Cabbing as usual. And as my cab was making a turn and reaching my destination, I saw a girl desperately trying to get a cab. She looked really flustered. She was flailing her arms and was just looking all over - across the road, the junction behind her, everywhere. So I was glad that I was stopping near her so that when I got down, she can take my cab. 
So after I got down, I saw that my taxi driver didn't take her in. Maybe because he was changing shift or going to a different direction. I don't know what. BUT, I really felt bad for her. I know how it feels man. Being late and no cabs and when there's finally a cab, he won't take you! It feels like it's one whole big conspiracy trying to bring u down. Ok let's not go there. 

So I saw her running to the nearest void deck presumably to call a cab or get someone at home to send her to wherever she needs to go. 
Anyhow, as I was making my way to my place, I saw a cab with green lights turning in! Yeay for the girl I thought! I turned and the girl wasn't there still. And then 2 more available cabs drove past!
What!!

Can u imagine, she could have waited there for an eternity and there were absolutely no cabs and the moment she turned her back, 3 available cabs just drove past her. 

And this long story that I just shared with u my friends, just reminded me of something. 
Sometimes it's not skill or talent or exquisite beauty that gets you opportunities.
Sometimes it's just pure timing. 
Right place, right time.


Lots of love, but not much time,
Fiza

5 comments:

  1. Yeay for the girl I thought! I turned and the girl wasn't there still. And then 2 more available cabs drove past!
    And ya.timing is important.Respect and value it,u will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In between the lines above,I was suppose to type you made a mistake in the sentence but i forgot..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Fiza
    Kak Nor ingat criter serammmmm... hehehe. Tapi setuju sangat dengan yr last statement tu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect analogy kak :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryte place, tyme n definitely pure luck... :)

    ReplyDelete